United Airlines Inc., also known as United is another major US airline that is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. It was founded in the year 1926 as Varney Airlines and later the name changed to United Air Lines. To your perusal, United Airlines is the world’s third-largest airline when we measure it by revenue preceding American Airlines and Delta Airlines. United Airlines employees more than 86,000 people. So, if you are a United Airlines employee reading this post, we have listed down the benefits it has to offer.
Benefits Offered by United Airlines to its Employees
Here is the list of benefits United Airlines offers to its employees in order to improve their lives and provide a secure and safe future. Here are the benefits for employees working with United Airlines-
- Insurance: United Airlines offer a variety of medical plans and different options to its employees including long-term disability, vision, dental, and life insurance. It is the benefit offered to the employees to keep their family healthy and happy.
- 401(k) Plan: The 401(K) plan is offered as a part of retirement. The current employees can enroll themselves in this plan including a company match to provide financial security in future or after retirement.
- Paid time Off: United Airlines understands and believes that the employees work hard/ So, it offers sick leave and paid leaves to its employees.
- Bonuses: Employees play an important role in success of an organization. United Airlines feel the same and rewards the employees through profit sharing, customer satisfaction and on-time arrival bonuses when the airline is performing well.
- Travel Benefits: The employees along with their families are provided with the travel benefits. They enjoy exciting travel privileges with their family that include discounted flight booking and unlimited standby travel wherever United flies. Whether it’s a long weekend in Guam or backpacking in the Europe, the employees enjoy everything.
- Professional Development: United Airlines always encourages the employees to learn and develop new skills and interests to ensure that they grow professionally.
- Wellness Program: Its wellness program includes lifestyle coaching, personal health record, condition management services to help their employees lead a healthier life.
The Bottom Line
So, these are some of the benefits and privileges that United Airlines employees get. There are some more exciting benefits offered to the United Airlines employees so that they feel rewarding while they work. If you are a United Airlines employee and didn’t know about the employee benefits offered to you. This post will definitely help you out to learn more.